Re: Interactive startup on F10. Pressing "I" doesn't work

On Thursday 02 April 2009 15:50:16 Alan Evans wrote:
> Tim wrote:
> > Alan Evans wrote:
> >> It surely used to work. But I just confirmed it doesn't work now.
> >
> > Is any keypress having any effect?  Things like USB keyboards aren't
> > always available until some drivers are up and alive.
>
> I tested on my netbook, so the keyboard was part of the machine. As I
> held down the key, a small row of letters were printed on the screen.
> The key press is definitely being recognized by the system; it's just
> not triggering the desired effect in the startup sequence.

Did you try repeated, rapid taps on the 'i' until well into the second stage?
That's the way I have done it in the past - it's the only way I could get it
in at the right moment, and, as I said earlier, with these faster boots it
will get ever more difficult.

Anne