Re: Another basic networking question.

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 11:08 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> It is possible to run multiple logical subnets over the same physical
> network. On the linux side the ip command allows you to define several
> networks on one interface.

Though that makes it impossible to use one computer as a firewall to
protect the others, since connections can be made *directly* between all
computers, bypassing the firewall machine.

You *need* separation between the wiring for firewalling.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.