Re: Konqueror uses Adobe Reader rather than Okular...

On Thursday 02 April 2009 18:36:31 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > Yesterday I installed Adobe Reader because I needed to fill out an
> > interactive PDF form.
> >
> > Today when I view a PDF in Konqueror it is using Adobe Reader rather
> > than Okular.   I want Konqueror to use Okular, not Adobe Reader.  If I
> > open a PDF in Dolphin, it uses Okular.
> >
> > How do I set Konqueror to use Okular rather than Adobe Reader ?
>
> in kde, to set your mime preferences (ie, to set default apps):
> systemsettings , [advanced] tab -> File Associations,
>
> look application/pdf, and rank your app preferences there.
>
> Adobe must be doing some black magic, because okular should be preferred by
> default.

If I open a file Okular is used.  If I open an embedded pdf, that is, from a
web link, I believe it is Evince that opens it - it's certainly not okular.
I've checked SystemSettings, and on the embedded tab it tells me that they
will be opened by okularpoppler.  Something seems very wrong.

Anne