Re: How do I rip this sort of audio stream ?

Linuxguy123 wrote:
I'd like to rip the audio stream that plays (with Totem) when I press
the "Listen" button on this page so that I can listen to it later in the
day.

http://streamingradioguide.com/streaming-schedule.php?station=KKFT&service=FM
1) use wget to get the "Listen" link and have a dig through it.

2) work out the resulting MMS stream:
mms://winmax1.acs.playstream.com/kkft?MSWMExt=.asf

3) download it:
gst-launch mmssrc location="mms://winmax1.acs.playstream.com/kkft?MSWMExt=.asf" ! filesink location=/tmp/kkft.asf

4) convert it to mp3:
ffmpeg -i /tmp/kkft.asf /tmp/kkft.mp3

I'm sure you can script/optimise that, but it's a Friday afternoon and the pub's just opened.

--
Sam