Re: Kernel-firmware package and Anaconda.

Bram_Gro wrote:
Alan Cox wrote:
By installing kernel-firmware, I would install closed source firmware.

And by turning your laptop on you would use closed source BIOS code
(which you will also redistribute if you should give the laptop away ;))

Its really up to you - there isn't a some precise watertight definition
of open source.
I know that its up to me, but to maintain a Fedora installation clean of proprietary stuff, is adding the kernel-firmware package to yum.config exclusion list sufficient.

No.

--
"Any fool can know. The point is to understand" --Albert Einstein

Bored??
http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/Fuqwit1.0

http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/Coding_the_Magic_into_the_Eight_Ball