Re: Kde freezes in Fedora 10

GMS S wrote:
Hi,
rpm -qa | grep kde

After running firefox or konqueror kde freezes but the mouse moves.
Can anyone give any idea?

Thanks.

Does the keyboard still work? Does "CTRL+BACKSPACE" kill the xwindows? New or old machine?

I have had this happen on an older AMD machine. I am still tracing the issue down to something. My machine locks up from time to time. I see that the load goes up before it does lock up. Only once have I gotten a message in any log. I need to change a drive controller.

Seagate drives? Could be related to the driver issue that there is an update for.

--
Robin Laing