sendmail and FC9/FC10

I have had some intermittent problems with sendmail transfer mail to our
gateway on some FC9 and FC10 installations.  I have had to create a cron
job in order to force the transfer of files in /var/spool/mqueue

0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /usr/lib/sendmail -q

I have TLS active on all systems.

At some point in time after several updates the problem has now
disappeared on all FC10 machines, but I have one FC9 machine that
continues to need the cron job

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any ideas?s

Greg Ennis

--
Greg