Fedora Screen Resolution Won't Go Above 720x400

Daniel Blakemore DanBlakemore at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 23:11:35 UTC 2009

I am new to fedora and to linux in general.  I know a little bit of bash
because I have a mac but not enough.
I just installed fedora core 10 i386 netinstall (the dvd-rom drive on this
computer is thoroughly dead: stops reading and needs to be unplugged and
plugged back in every thirty of so seconds), on an AMD with 1GB of RAM and a
GeForce 5200 FX.
When I try to change the resolution, the drop-down only goes to 720x400.
I tried installing the nvidia driver and it broke X beyond what my linux
friend can fix.  I did a fresh install and now I have the same problem.
Please help.

Thanks a bunch,

--
Daniel Blakemore