Re: Fedora Screen Resolution Won't Go Above 720x400

Daniel Blakemore wrote:
I am new to fedora and to linux in general. I know a little bit of bash because I have a mac but not enough. I just installed fedora core 10 i386 netinstall (the dvd-rom drive on this computer is thoroughly dead: stops reading and needs to be unplugged and plugged back in every thirty of so seconds), on an AMD with 1GB of RAM and a GeForce 5200 FX.
When I try to change the resolution, the drop-down only goes to 720x400.
I tried installing the nvidia driver and it broke X beyond what my linux friend can fix. I did a fresh install and now I have the same problem.
Please help.

What is your monitor? Is it Play and Pray compliant? Does it tell X11 the correct information?

I have no problems getting higher resolutions on my F10 system (with a Radeon 7000 driver), and a Dell Dimension 4300 using a Live CD.

Which "nvidia" drive did you try and install? Was it an RPM from RPMFusion or ATRpms? Or did you try the nvidia installer?

Thanks a bunch,

Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com
cummings kjchome homeip net