Re: VMware server 2.0 on 64-bit F10

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 21:53 -0500, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Very interesting. I'll try your recommendations and let you know how
> they worked. Thanks a bunch.
>
> --Doc

Following up...  Opening up those four ports solves the logon problem. I
was able to begin creating a VM for Fedora 11 64-bit, but things ground
to an absolute halt when it came time to format a 24GB virtual disk. It
didn't seem to matter whether it was contiguous or in 2GB chunks. That's
as far as I've been able to proceed. I have no idea if it's a Fedora 10
problem or a VMware Server 2 problem.

I need to do some more checking to see if I can shut down the vmware
services without having to use the power button.

--Doc