Can I preupgrade to Fedora-11?

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Sat Apr 4 11:22:19 UTC 2009

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> When I run preupgrade on my Fedora-10/KDE system
> I am told "No releases available for upgrade",
> unless I check the box "Display unstable test release",
> in which case I am offered "Rawhide".
>
> My question is: if I choose Rawhide
> will I later be able to upgrade to Fedora-11?
> Or do I have to wait until I am told there are
> non-test releases available for upgrade?

When you choose to upgrade to Rawhide, at the end of each release cycle,
it magically turns into the next Fedora Release (ie, the last update
updates your fedora-release RPM to that of the version just released).
You would actually have to go back and download the latest rawhide
version of that RPM to continue to run Rawhide....

At least that's the way I understand it to work.  I had a machine to
which I had installed FC5-T2 and it auto-magically became FC5 on its
release date with a "yum update".

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com