Acroread 9 - Fewer Major Features than Version 8

I made the foolish mistake to install AdobeReader 9. When I try to open
a pdf form, it tells me that features availble in version 8 are no
longer available in the so-called upgrade. I used to be able to fill in
the forms and save them (like IRS tax forms). Now I cannot find the old
version in the repositories. Am I missing something here?

Rick B.