postgresql help - administrator user pw?

Hi

Anyone familair to postgresql

Can I know how to set the pw for the administrator user?
I do try to check the google and posgrssql website but don't understand it

by default, the postgresql doesn't need pw but

Now I am trying to install software which needs to provide postgresql database info

After I fill the postgresql administrator user as postgres, the next step is pw of the administrator user.  I give it "Enter" as this user is empty pw but it  won't let me passing next step!

The installation step is command line eg:

first db user:
then db pw:
then db name:
then db administrator db