Resources to learn C

john wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 5 03:42:25 UTC 2009

Robert L Cochran wrote:
> You had it easy with the tiny text window. I started my mainframe career
> just as IBM shops were converting over to huge CRT monitors and the joys
> ISPF edit,  but were still using punched cards for some things. So I had
> a little exposure to correcting a punched card which is part of a card
> deck, but didn't need to know that for very long. (I got a nice monitor
> and keyboard at my desk.) I did work with old timer programmers who
> could read the card punches and translate them...and code and correct
> long programs which were kept in boxes and boxes of card decks for backup.
>
> I have a slide rule somewhere, too.
>
> Bob

You had it easy with your punched cards. I once worked on a box that
required toggling in the boot loader code via switches on the front
panel. But at least I never had to program in raw binary, the box had an
assembler.

Damn, I'm too old!

Back to the original topic,

<http://c.snippets.org/browser.php>