Resources to learn C

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Apr 5 06:48:13 UTC 2009

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 15:17:29 +0930
Tim wrote:

> We had big heavy manual typewriters, too.  I was a bit cautious about
> signing up for typing classes, figuring that I'd be the only boy, and
> subject to ridicule outside of the class.  Oddly, the class was about
> half and half.  I guess they were into computers, too.

I lived in a small town (well, I still do but it's a different town) and I
don't think there was a single computer within several hundred miles at that
time.

The typing class taught me a number of things other than straight typing that
have been very useful over the years.  How to properly fold a letter to fit into
an envelope, as one example.

While officially called the Typing Class, it was actually geared to how to
be a secretary.  We learned how to do filing and that kind of thing as well.

Frankly, I firmly believe that I use more of what I learned in Typing Class on a
daily basis than any other individual thing that I learned in high school.