Re: Suspend fails using fglrx on F10

2009/4/5 William Murray <bill murray stfc ac uk>:
> Hello all,
> I have an old Dell D610 (R300) which was doing
> what I wanted (films, openarena, tv-out, suspend) with Fedora
> 10 until fglrx 9.2 (or was it 9.1?) arrived. Anyway 9.3 didn't help.
>
> Now suspend fails. Black screen if you try. The log file
> <http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16312#>
> after reboot, thinks it succeeded. Does anyone have it working?
> Do I have to unload fglrx manually?
> Thanks for any clues - its a major hassle for me.
> Bill

While I can't help with debugging the situtation, I'd recommend
switching to the free drivers, because

1) They are free software
2) They are really supported in Fedora
3) They should work on your hardware out-of-the-box
4) The next fgrlx release from AMD is going to drop support for
R300-based Radeon cards.

--
Joonas Sarajärvi
muepsj gmail com