Re: thoughts on "how to write a linux virus in 5 easy steps"

> And issues that I've not liked with Linux, in general:  That /home
> and /tmp are generally mounted, by default, in a manner that allows
> execution.  I'd suggest that only a programmer may need to allow file
> execution from their homespace.  Most users, who don't write scripts,
> won't need it.

There is some truth in this, but you can do the job far better using
SELinux and relabelling. If a user has to select a file on their desktop
and right click "Make into a launcher" (aka 'SELinux relabel' behind the
scenes) it would be a good deal more robust.