Re: Editor to program in C

Frank Cox wrote:
On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 11:56:43 +0100
Paul Smith wrote:

I am starting to learn how to program in C, and I am looking for a
proper editor for that. Do you recommend Kate to me? Or is there
something better?

Depending on what I'm editing, I use either nedit or vim as my primary text
editors.

My wife used to use nedit as her primary editor, but recently switched over to
gedit; I'm not entirely sure why.

All three of these editors offer syntax highlighting.

Well i had used almost all of them and in the end have found "Geany" to be the best for working with c/c++ projects. Its an IDE but its lean enough to be used as an editor. One thing i particularly like is creating/managing/loading tags is very simple. But if you happen to use a terminal to work then my choice would be vim/emacs