Wake-on-LAN

Has anyone experience with WOL under Fedora?
If so, how exactly do you put the machine to sleep,
and how exactly do you wake it up remotely?

I recently acquired an HP ML110 server (G5 Xeon 3065).
This is said to have Wake-on-LAN capability,
but when I suspend it to RAM I do not seem able
to wake it remotely.

Should one (or can one) suspend to disk for this purpose?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net