Re: Editor to program in C

On 4/5/09, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> wrote:
> Andras Simon wrote:
>> There may be reasons for not liking vi or emacs,  but their being
>> useless is certainly not one of them.
>
> They're useless compared to editors which you can just start to use with no
> learning curve.

Is this how you approach all tools, or only editors?

Not to mention that using emacs as a simple text editor requires no
learning whatsoever. If you can use a menu, know what "open", "save",
"exit" and "help" means, "you can just start to use" it. Yes, there's
a lot to learn about emacs, but you don't have to write emacs
extensions from day one.

I'm not a vi user, but I'm pretty sure this holds for at least the
X-ified versions of vi, too.

Andras