Re: Editor to program in C

From: "m" <maximilianbianco gmail com>
Sent: Sunday, 2009/April/05 15:00

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 11:52:20PM +0200, Andras Simon wrote:
On 4/5/09, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> wrote:
> Andras Simon wrote:
>> There may be reasons for not liking vi or emacs,  but their being
>> useless is certainly not one of them.
>
> They're useless compared to editors which you can just start to use > with no
> learning curve.

Is this how you approach all tools, or only editors?

Not to mention that using emacs as a simple text editor requires no
learning whatsoever. If you can use a menu, know what "open", "save",
"exit" and "help" means, "you can just start to use" it. Yes, there's
a lot to learn about emacs, but you don't have to write emacs
extensions from day one.

I'm not a vi user, but I'm pretty sure this holds for at least the
X-ified versions of vi, too.

Andras

I love that you don't need a mouse in emacs.

You certainly don't need a mouse in Vim, either. But real hairy chested
programmers use echo >foo.c so get with it.

{O,o}