nvidia driver, kmod-nvidia-PAE question

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 01:46:44 UTC 2009

--- On Sun, 4/5/09, Mail Lists <lists at sapience.com> wrote:

> From: Mail Lists <lists at sapience.com>
> Subject: Re: nvidia driver,  kmod-nvidia-PAE question
> To: olivares14031 at yahoo.com, "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Sunday, April 5, 2009, 3:22 PM
> On 04/05/2009 02:57 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> >
> > Dear fellow Fedora users,
> >
> > I was having trouble playing DVD's with Fedora on
> a Quad Core machine, and I decided to install the nvidia
> driver from rpmfusion and it has cured the problem :),
> thanks to those guys for the work they do.
> >
> > Now I decide to update the kernel to a newer one, will
> I have to
>
> No - it will upate if one is available - however sometimes
> rpmfusion
> lags, so  my advice - yum install akmod-nvidia then it will
> auto rebuild
> whatever is needed (and be updated of course when new
> drivers are
> available).

Thanks for your response!  'Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Installing     : fakeroot                                                 1/5
  Installing     : kmodtool                                                 2/5
  Installing     : rpmdevtools                                              3/5
  Installing     : akmods                                                   4/5
  Installing     : akmod-nvidia                                             5/5

Installed:
  akmod-nvidia.i686 0:180.29-1.fc10

Dependency Installed:
  akmods.noarch 0:0.3.3-2.fc10          fakeroot.i386 0:1.11-19.fc10
  kmodtool.noarch 0:1-15.fc10           rpmdevtools.noarch 0:7.0-1.fc10

Complete!

Regards,

Antonio