useradd with * in passwd field

Hi All,
I need to add a user who will have entry in the /etc/passwd file as
below,  where the passwd field is marked as *

myuser:*:12:23:guest:/:/bin/bash

I need to do this by using command useradd, but i am not able to find
easier way to do this by commands other than manually editing passwd
file.

The intention is to create a user with whcih login can never happen
Please suggest

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan