Re: screen blanks with nomodeset

Jack Howarth wrote:
   Is anyone else still having the stock ati drivers in Fedora
10 occasionally blank out the screen? I have been resorting to
the use of the nomodeset kernel argument in an attempt to disable
modesetting, but, while less frequent, the black screens still
appear. Normally, it will return back to the same display but on
occasion, I get a reboot. This is on a Radeon X1650 Pro with
Fedora 10 x86_64.
                Jack

It happens to me occasionally, and when it does it becomes completely unresponsive to power button, keyboard, mouse, and network. I have to force power off. I have nomodeset kernel option in grub.

Mine is ATI Technologies Inc Radeon XPRESS 200M 5955 on kernel 2.6.27.19-170.2.35.fc10.i686.