Firefox default problem -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Apr 6 17:28:22 UTC 2009

Sharpe, Sam J wrote:
> 2009/4/6 Sharpe, Sam J <sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com>:
>
>> 2009/4/6 Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net>:
>>
>>> I accidentally typed "VNC" when I meant "VLC" when Thunderbird asked me how
>>> to open a .wmv file and to make matters worse I clicked on the box to always
>>> do that!
>>>
>>> Now I can't find how to undo that selection.
>>>
>>> I know I can save the file and view it from the command line but there ought
>>> to be a way to undo this goof.  Does anyone know where the selection is
>>> stored?
>>>
>> Edit -> Preferences -> Applications -> Windows Media video
>>

> Actually, your subject said Firefox, but your post said Thunderbird.
> The above is for Firefox.
>
> Thunderbird is:
>
> Edit -> Preferences -> Attachments -> View and Edit Actions -> (search
> for wmv extension)

Sorry about the error in the subject.  I've been looking in both
applications to try and find how to fix this.

Perhaps it can't be fixed from within Thunderbird?

/I have done "/Edit -> Preferences -> Attachments -> View and Edit
Actions -> (search

for wmv extension)" a number of times but apparently I don't understand something, nothing I enter in the "Search" block does anything?

I can type "wmv" in the block and press enter - nothing happens?

What am I doing wrong?

Bob