Re: Firefox default problem -

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 13:05 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I accidentally typed "VNC" when I meant "VLC" when Thunderbird asked
> me how to open a .wmv file and to make matters worse I clicked on the
> box to always do that!
>
> Now I can't find how to undo that selection.

Does Thunderbird have a mimeTypes.rdf file in your profile, like Firefox
has?  If so, you could modify the action for wmv, manually.  Ensure the
program is not running at all while you do this.

Firefox's:  ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/mimeTypes.rdf

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.