Re: Firefox default problem -

Tim wrote:
On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 13:05 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
I accidentally typed "VNC" when I meant "VLC" when Thunderbird asked
me how to open a .wmv file and to make matters worse I clicked on the
box to always do that!

Now I can't find how to undo that selection.

Does Thunderbird have a mimeTypes.rdf file in your profile, like Firefox
has?  If so, you could modify the action for wmv, manually.  Ensure the
program is not running at all while you do this.

Firefox's:  ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/mimeTypes.rdf

In /home/bobg/.thunderbird/inggc4ck.default/mimeTypes I changed vnc to vlc on two lines which then caused it to once more ask me what application I wanted to use!

     <RDF:Description
RDF:about="urn:mimetype:externalApplication:video/x-ms-wmv" NC:path="/usr/bin/vlc" NC:prettyName="vlc"
And that fixes the problem, I selected vlc and the file played.

Thanks for the help.

Bob