Re: initdefault has no effect

Tim wrote:
On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 22:42 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
I have /etc/inittab set up as follows, but the system always starts
with the X Window System running.  What am I missing?

# id:5:initdefault:
id:1:initdefault:

I seem to recall seeing that before, delete the commented-out line.
In order to comment out a line in inttab, you need to use a semicolon, rather than a pound sign.