Re: initdefault has no effect

Mike Burger wrote:
>> Tim wrote:

>>> I seem to recall seeing that before, delete the commented-out line.
>>>
>> In order to comment out a line in inttab, you need to use a
>> semicolon, rather than a pound sign.
> To clarify...the reason that this didn't work, in the first place, is
> that the initial initdefault line wasn't truly commented out, due to
> the pound sign instead of the semicolon.
>
> After that, the init processing for an entry stops on the first
> match...since the "not properly commented" entry was first, it got
> matched, and runlevel 5 was how the system came up.

I don't quite understand what you are saying....

You said "the init processing for an entry stops on the first match".
What is being matched to what?  Also, if the # isn't a comment character
then how are the other 25 lines in the inittab being parsed?

Thanks....

--
Are you sure the back door is locked? Mei-Mei Greshko greshko com
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg