Re: System time 1 hr ahead of real time

suvayu ali wrote:

> Thanks Matthew for this clear explanation. I am going to set the
> hardware clock to UTC and set Windows to use UTC without DST
> corrections to avoid further confusion. This seems like the most
> sure-shot way to tackle the problem.
>
> Thanks to all who replied. :)

There is a registry tweak for for XP so that you can have the
hardware clock set to UTC, and still have the time correctly
displayed for the time zone you have set. It is supposed to bother
some programs, but I have not run into any yet. (Then again, I don't
run XP that often.)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
"RealTimeIsUniversal"=dword:00000001

Mikkel