Re: initdefault has no effect

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 06:42:36 -0400 (EDT)
Mike Burger wrote:

> I'm still doing some digging.

I thought there was a thread on this very topic in a previous
release, but I can't find it (maybe it was in fedora-list
rather than fedora-test-list), anyway it is a very old bug
I'm surprised is still around.

The script in the upstart code that searches /etc/inittab to
find the runlevel was not ignoring commented out lines, so
whatever line it found first, that's the one it grabbed the
runlevel from regardless of the comment prefix.