Apache Config - how to make a directory accessable ?

Kevin Kempter kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Tue Apr 7 19:10:00 UTC 2009

Hi All;

I have a laptop running Fedora10 x86_64.

I started the default config and I can go to http://localhost and I see the
expected Fedora Test Page.

I want to install a web site in /stage/webpages/csweb (/stage is a separate
file system) so I did this:

1) I checked to make sure the httpd.conf file was including the conf.d/* files
with this line in the httpd.conf file:

Include conf.d/*.conf

2) I added this file (named csweb.conf) to the /etc/httpd/conf.d directory:

#
# Setup directory:  /stage/webpages/csweb
#
AliasMatch ^/csweb(?:/(?:de|en|fr|ja|ko|ru))?(/.*)?$ "/stage/webpages/csweb$1"

<Directory "/stage/webpages/csweb">
    Options Indexes
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

I restarted apache (service httpd restart) and I go to
"http://localhost/csweb" and I get this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /csweb on this server

Thoughts ?

Thanks in advance