Chown ???

I have a user /home/user directory that ended up with the wrong OWNERS of his files , I know what cause it, it was my mistake, but I'm having problems of get Folders, Files assigned to "michael" who is the real owner.
As SU and in /home/michael folder I'am running the command;

chown -R michael:michael *

But it is not changing to owner "michael" in SOME of the folders and files in his 'home' folders.
What command would I use ??