Re: Chown ???

g wrote:
Jim wrote:

As SU and in /home/michael folder I'am running the command;

chown -R michael:michael *

that should work.

But it is not changing to owner "michael" in SOME of the folders and files in his 'home' folders.
What command would I use ??

try 'chown -R michael:michael /home/michael'.

[also, as a note to your typing, 'SU' should be 'su'.]

Thanks for your reply, yes I'm aware about the SU, I just do that so it will stand out in a message.
Thanks