Re: Forttran 77

Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 09:52:52AM -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
None of the files in the ccache RPM appear to be related to Fortran in
any way.
ok, I guess.  It says: ""compiler cache" as a general term(?) and then
refers to C/C++ as an example?  Guess I am reading into it too deeply.

It is called C Cache for a reason.  Fortran sources usually aren't
preprocessed, on the other side the Fortran compiler has to load all needed
modules (*.mod) and Fortran INCLUDEs, unlike C/C++/ObjC/ObjC++ the
preprocessed source in Fortran isn't necessarily self-contained translation
unit, so the way ccache works doesn't work with Fortran.

In Netbeans, I tried to add the full pathname of gfortran to the Fortran
input-box in the original "base", but it refused to accept it. I suppose that
adding a fortran link to /usr/lib/ccache might work, but instead I decided
to create a new "base" with the /usr/bin pathname, and it worked.

I'd say Netbeans shouldn't rely on /usr/lib/ccache at all, after all,
ccache is purely optional (and often very much broken) package; ccache is the
first thing I uninstall on all my boxes if it happens to be installed by
default.

	Jakub
Ok, makes sense to me!
Thanks for the advice!