Re: [Request] Language support packages not installed by default

Rick Stevens wrote:
> Beartooth wrote:
>> On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 04:27:45 +0930, Tim wrote:
>>     [....]
>>> It's really only the installer that needs to have multi-lingual support
>>> right from the get-go, to ask you what languages to use.  An installed
>>> system only needs the languages that you actually need.
>>
>>     Good point! All the more reason not to include umpteen bazillion
>> of them as defaults anywhere else.
>
> Would you communicate that to the Mozilla gang as well? :-)
>
> Having all those ruddy language packs reinstalled every time Firefox or
> Thunderbird gets updated is OK on my desktops with drives >500GB, but
> they suck up too much space on my Aspire One.  I delete them just to
> have them reappear on every bloody update.  Grrrr!
[egreshko misty extensions]$ du -sh /usr/lib/firefox-3.0.7/extensions
15M     /usr/lib/firefox-3.0.7/extensions

15MB of space taken up by the firefox language packs.  Just how small is
your notebook's disk?

--
Cheer Up! Things are getting worse at a slower rate.
Mei-Mei Greshko greshko com http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg