Re: Service Configuration

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 16:54 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> In my case, one of the system that I have is a 667Mhz
> Pentium III, 512MB RAM, may take a long time
> before services complete and display.  In my case,
> it took 15-20 minutes.  Services are very CPU/Mem
> intensive.

That's a rather horrendous wait, or do you mean "seconds" instead of
"minutes"?

I've noticed that Fedora 9 is a hell of a lot slower to show services,
in its fancy GUI, than Fedora 7 was on the same computer, but not as
slow as that.  A difference of just a few seconds versus maybe 15
seconds or more.  I never tried Fedora 8.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.