Chown ???

Andrew Kelly akelly at corisweb.org
Thu Apr 9 06:52:05 UTC 2009

Hmm, guess none of you losers watch the Discovery channel, huh? Isn't
anybody interested in bettering themselves anymore? Sheesh...

Some cave paintings recently discovered in what was once the heart of
the early bronze age Germanic tribes (and carbon dated to that period in
confirmation) represent the (to date) earliest known documentation of
the SU command. SU, short for Starke Unterhose which literally means
Strong Underpants, is accepted at this time by every academician of
merit to allude to an abundance of male genitalia and consequently, root
privileges. Ergo, superuser.

10 minutes, people.

10 minutes of television which does NOT in any way involve a 3 person
jury of near-prominent unemployed "entertainers" will do wonders for the
intellect.

Feed the mind, the rest will follow.

:-)

Oh, incidentally, oddly as it may seem, there is as yet no documented
instance of the introduction of the '-' parameter to SU. Although many
believe it to have occurred in the same period as the cave paintings and
be indicative of an outstretched arm, communication the message "I have
strong underpants, and you are my bitch. I take your things now."

I'm not certain I agree with that bit, though.

Andy