[OT] Anyone here used Clonezilla?

I decided that I really should clone the partitions on my laptop, so started
Clonezilla.  I inserted the USB drive lead when prompted to, and saw it
recognised as a Freecom drive.  It went through all the partitions with
'Getting /dev/hda1 info...' type messages, then 'Getting /dev/sda1 info....'
and there it hung.

Any ideas?

Anne