Re: Editor to program in C

On 04/03/2009 06:43 PM, Armin wrote:
I am curious, what part of Emacs is better than Vi?

IMHO EMACS is not better than Vi. They both have their uses and are both excellent. I stated that I much prefer EMACS for development over most other editors, including some IDEs. I like the ability in emacs to be able to edit multiple files simultaneously and display them in windows although vi also can edit multiple files too. I also prefer that emacs can run scripts, commands or compiles capturing results in windows.

My personal preference is to use emacs for development, but to use vi for remote editing and quick editing of some files.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf blu org>
Boston Linux and Unix