Need help with Reboot cause

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Thu Apr 9 14:02:54 UTC 2009

g wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>
>> lm_sensors-sensord is the package name. Try man sensord is you have
>
> i do not have sensors working on this install, f8, but i do have it in f10.
>
> i do hope peter stieber is picking up on all this. :)
>
> if he sets up a 10 minute log interval, he should see if he is having a
> system hardware problem or not. granted, he will have a long sensors log,
> but at least it will/should give an indication of just where system is
> breaking down.

He may also want to send them to their own file. I added rules to
/etc/rsyslog.conf:

# Put sensord messages in their own file.
:syslogtag, isequal, "sensord:"                     /var/log/sensord
:syslogtag, isequal, "sensord:"                          ~

If you want to do more work, you can set up a round-robin database
and sensord will log data that way. You can then to things like
graph values. But that would be overkill here.

Mikkel