Re: Chown ???

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Jim wrote:
Rick Stevens wrote:
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 15:27 +0000, g wrote:
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

ttys
'b-'. you did not answer which model and usage of paper. :)
asr33, paper scroll :-)
ASR33s also had the paper tape punch and reader.  KSR33s did not.  I
had both hooked up to my Altair 8800 back in '77 via 110 baud, 20mA
current
loop serial interfaces.

Ah, memories!
-        Polygon: A dead parrot (With apologies to John Cleese)      -

ASR33 on  a Altair, that far back, You must be at least 100,  I started
out on a RCA 1802 8 bit and I still have it.
I modified it to work on S100 bus so I could get more memory , 64k , man
you were top dog with that kind of memory.

Maybe he was talking about an Altair 8008. Intel 8080 processor,
S-100 bus, front panel with status and data LEDs. Address/data
toggle switches, and a few control toggles.

Toggle in the paper tape loader in binary. Then load the system
monitor/program from paper tape. I remember loading an assembler
from paper tape, and then feeding the program source from another tape.

Mikkel
Yes I'm quite familar with the Altair, that was a time when you couldn't buy a inexpensive printer for a micro computer. A lot of people were also working on interfacing a IBM Selectric to a Micro Computer at that time.