Re: Chown ???

Tim wrote:

If you're a moderately old-timer, you can do hex to binary in your head.
If you're even older, you can do octal to decimal, and vice versa.  For
extra brownie points, you know EBCDIC in your head.  ;-)

Still do octal. Used to know EBCDIC, used to know JCL DD cards, used to know BCEDIC, used to know Baudot 5-level. Still probably know Unix dd. Once knew someone who built himself a computer out of old pinball machines and an Oliver typewriter. I also remember when I walked to school through snow deeper than I was tall, and it was uphill both ways.

My computers are old, too, but not THAT old.