Re: Chown ???

From: "Bryn M. Reeves" <bmr redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, 2009/April/08 07:42

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 14:33 +0000, g wrote:
Dave Ihnat wrote:

>  I don't know where anyone got this lame "substitute user"
> stuff, but it's not authentic.

then run 'man su' in a linux os and you will find out.

Since we're discussing the origins of the species in this thread a
historical copy might be of more relevance. Here's the complete page
that Alan quoted from:

http://minnie.tuhs.org/UnixTree/V7/usr/man/man1/su.1.html

Regards,
Bryn.

I see further down the thread somebody did mention something older
than V7. It was superuser on the old DECUS PDP-11 UNIX disk I had
a chance to play with. It was also superuser in SVR4.

{^_-}