Re: sendmail and FC9/FC10

Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 14:59 -0500, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
I have had some intermittent problems with sendmail transfer mail to our
gateway on some FC9 and FC10 installations.  I have had to create a cron
job in order to force the transfer of files in /var/spool/mqueue

0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /usr/lib/sendmail -q

I have TLS active on all systems.
At some point in time after several updates the problem has now
disappeared on all FC10 machines, but I have one FC9 machine that
continues to need the cron job

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any ideas?s
If you poke around in my posts I think you will find a note on this as part of a discussion of NM and the evils thereof. My solution was a line in rc.local:
  sleep 30; service sendmail reload &
which seems to do the similar thing. However, the problem I saw was the sendmail was starting before DNS was available. That caused delivery failures.

I assume you know that you can just run sendmail as a queue daemon rather than starting it from cron.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>