Re: Ah, the flame wars of old (Was: Re: Editor to program in C)

Sharpe, Sam J wrote:
2009/4/4 David L. Gehrt <dlg inanity net>:
<snip>
lol, what does emacs/vim war have to do with gnome/kde?
----
nothing actually except for the useless banter that accompanies each
war.
<snip>
<snip>
Be sides every body KNOWS Emacs rules!!! :-)

Yeah, right. If I wanted a text editor that could also read mail and
make a nice cup of tea.

And the nice thing is you don't need to be able to type, because every possible keystroke does {something} for/to you. Anything from point out off-by-one errors to perform a sex change on your gerbil.

Get over it guys.  There is work that needs doing.

It's the weekend - what better time to have the emacs/vim discussion?

Oh wait - I use vi because it's the lowest common denominator, but
really I wish I had nano - where's that in the battle?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>