Re: kernel vs kernel-PAE? why yum install kernel does not install kernel-PAE automatically?

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Antonio Olivares wrote:
Did not know that :(, thought that only regular x86_32 instead of x86_64
was what I needed.  On other machines at home which have AMD 64 processor,
I installed the x86_64 versions of Fedora either Fedora 10 or rawhide.

The Core 2 series CPUs are all 64-bit-capable. Some other Intel CPUs are,
too. They just don't have "64" in the name.

Most of the recent Celerons have 64 bit, just no virtualization capability.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>