USB handling

There are USB devices which do not fit the 'storage-device' category.
It negatively effects my use of certain common devices such as my PDA.
And powerfully negatively effects my use of VirtualBox.

It doesn't seem to matter what release version from 7 thru 10.  I have already tried numerous other releases of Linux but Fedora is
much better.

If a developer could please explain to me the root of what to me, and it appears many other users, why this was made this way.

Thanks for the help.

Bob Karge