Re: Total Number of Emails Managed By Thunderbird

On 04/12/2009 08:10 PM, g wrote:
Robert L Cochran wrote:

Is there a way to get Thunderbird to present a total count of all emails which are in all folders?

run a search at:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

if nothing there, use 'advanced search' google.

Providing a total count in all folders could be very costly. First, what about imap where you have a server that can store thousands of emails for you, then local folders. Take my case where I have over 150 local folders consisting of emails I have received over 20 years.

I did find some discussion that might be close to what you want: http://www.ghacks.net/2007/04/19/show-message-count-of-all-folders-in-thunderbird/

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf blu org>
Boston Linux and Unix