Lost panel bar

Steven F. LeBrun steven at lebruns.com
Mon Apr 13 20:38:27 UTC 2009

rodolfoap wrote:
> Friends,
>
> I was working normlly on my laptop until yesterday with gnome (no
> updates, as I remember, but all weekend I used suspend by closing the
> laptop screen many times). Now I turn on the computer, and the gnome
> desktop does not show my panel bar (where all the applets and
> menu-launcher are). I created a launcher for my terminal, so I can
> launch evolution.
>
> How can I restore my panel bar? Why did it faded?
>
> Thanks?

I also lost my panel bars recently.  First I lost everything on the top
menu bar except for the default Gnome Menu
(Applications/Places/System).  After restoring most of the panel, the
bottom panel completely blanked out.  The workspace switch app that I
manually added to the bottom panel does not have the preference option
to change the number of workspaces, limited me to the default 4.

I manually restored the two panels but there are still differences that
I need to track down as to what I had installed.

Again, I had rebooted a couple of times since my last YUM upgrade.  The
reboots were manually due to Fedora 10 freezing up on me.

--
  Steven F. LeBrun

Quote: /"There are 10 types of people in this world, those that
understand binary and those who don't."/